Fruits & Vegetables
Taking a sample
Samples from fruits and vegetables can be extracted by juicing, squeezing or grating
Depending on the fruit or vegetable and where the sample is extracted from, the Brix percentage may be different. To obtain an accurate reading of the fruit or vegetable, extract the juice from different parts and mix them together well.
Measurement Method for Fruits and Vegetables
The example methods and sugar content below were performed and tested by Milwaukee. Utilize the best method for the measurement of fruits or vegetables.
LH-T55 digital refractometer is a high-precision optical instrument designed with the principle that different liquids have different refractive indices. It has the characteristics of beautiful appearance, convenient carrying, easy operation, fast detection, and accurate results. A must-have for work. Quickly detect sugar content in fruits, vegetables, freshly squeezed juices, beverages, food processing industries and honey.
Purpose for measurement
Advantages for fruits and vegetables grower:
- Determine the best time for harvest.
- Ensure that consumers can have the very best tasting fruits and vegetables.
- Offer the most delicious fruits when tourists visit the orchard.
- Adjust the amount of water and fertilizer in the soil by monitoring the sugar content of growing plants.
- Useful for determining the sweetness when grading fruits or vegetables.
- An effective tool at Agricultural Cooperative Associations or in Agricultural Research institutes.
Advantage for selling fruits or vegetables at the market:
The sugar content of fruits determines its sweetness. At the supermarket, the sugar content will inform the consumer how fresh (and sweet) the fruits and vegetables are. If the sugar content is displayed on the fruit and vegetable bins, the consumer will know the quality of the products they are going to purchase.